Applications have closed
PC PLACE NIGERIAPC PLACE NG, the latest destination for all brands of laptops, desktop, Printers, TV’s, laptop bags, computer accessories and many more. We focus at furnishing Nigerians with a visual to worldwide patterns, advising our perusers about the best quality computer & electronics items at an affordable price on PC PLACE NG online store. Easy Shopping, Easy Payment, Home Delivery.
To provide tactical and strategic Human Capital Services to the Company in accordance with Job Description.
- Minimum Qualification: BSc.
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- The Human Resources Manager (HRM) works under the direction of the Managing Director to develop human resources policies, procedures, and processes to support the effective and efficient personnel life cycle management of the company
- In support of senior leadership, s/he coordinates routine employee performance reviews, job description development and updates, and develops professional development programs. In addition, the HR Manager coordinates employee recruitment, onboarding, and new employee orientation.
- She/he has a primary responsibility for oversight of human resources legal compliance, management of employee data/HRIS system, research and management of employee benefits packages, and coordinates with the Finance team for payroll-related updates as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities Human Resources Policy & Compliance:
- Ensure company’s human resources compliance; stay abreast of federal, state, local and global employee, and payroll law changes; coordinate with executive management and relevant stakeholders to research, draft and implement internal policy changes as needed
- Ensure any employee complaints are addressed within the law and internal policy.
- Work in conjunction with key stakeholders for any severe human resources policy violations, or employee-related legal claims or actions.
- Research and develop human resources policies and procedures, including Employee.
- Complete required HR-related filings, audits and reports, for external regulatory entities.
- Serve as a resource to employees and management to interpret general human resources policy, e.g. benefits, payroll and time off policies, complaint and discipline policies, etc.
General HR Management:
- Prepare HR (strategy and goals) reports for executive management, departments, as requested
- Ensure HR procedures are carried out and comply with employment law and regulations.
- Manage employee onboarding, orientation, routine performance reviews, as well as exit interviews, in conjunction with management and administrative staff.
- Track company HR budget and ensure it stays on target
- Manage (electronic) personnel files, employee records and employee data
- Work with senior management to create and update job descriptions
- Develop employee packets and templates, e.g. onboarding, performance reviews, exits
- Perform ongoing background checks, periodic employee paperwork audits, per policy and procedure requirements
- Identify employee conflicts and suggest potential solutions.
Employee Benefits Management & Payroll Support:
- Review and monitor staff benefits, including (paid) time off.
- Coordinate new hire and annual employee benefits enrollment for our different offices
- Provide payroll/finance staff payroll-related updates in a timely manner, including employee hires or exits, salary, benefits or other withholding changes.
- Process/track time off approvals in coordination with payroll staff
- Conduct salary research, annual review of existing employee compensation, assist department Heads and executive management in payroll budgeting and projections.
Employee Recruitment & Retention:
- Create and implement recruitment strategies, in conjunction with executive and senior management.
- Post job opportunities, conduct direct recruiting and develop talent pipeline, as directed by senior management.
- Manage application process; conduct initial screening of applications to short-list candidates; coordinate application review with hiring managers and department heads.
- Conduct reference and/or background checks for short-listed candidates
- Conduct interviews; coordinate finalist phone/video/in-person interviews with hiring managers, senior and/or executive management
- Prepare offer letters and compensation packages in conjunction with management.
- Create and implement retention strategies, in conjunction with executive management.
- Research external professional development opportunities, conferences; contract with training organizations, as needed.
- Develop internal professional development programs, conduct annual training, etc.
- In conjunction with management, create and track employee professional development plans, including role-specific continuing education requirements
- Schedule and coordinate company-wide employee (in-person and virtual) training, as well as site, department and role-specific training needs
Requirements Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational savvy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office, including advanced email & calendar management, word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills
- Ability to work independently to perform a wide range of duties, high level of integrity and dependability
- Knowledge of HR and payroll-related laws, legal requirements, mandated reports
- Strong research skills, and ability to interpret legal and policy requirements
- Strong proficiency in analyzing information, compiling data and preparing reports
- Cross-cultural competency: ability to work with a diverse team
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required
- Professional HR qualification is strongly preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager or similar role
- Experience developing and conducting new hire orientation and/or other employee training required
- Experience researching and drafting HR policies and procedures, strongly preferred
- Experience creating employee forms, templates, packets, required
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience, is a plus
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly changing entrepreneurial environment; experience in rapidly growing companies, preferred
- Experience working in a company based in multiple locations, preferred, global experience is a plus.